APRS is the Automatic Packet Reporting System used by Amateur Radio operators across the world. APRS Mobile brings the world of APRS to your phone or tablet via APRS-IS (internet) servers with its built in map engine, Internet connection and GPS. APRS Mobile gives you access to beacon your position and view other Amateur Radio operators anywhere in the world.
Non-amateur radio operators may view Amateur Radio APRS activity and amateur weather station data around the world.
– Beacon your position while app is in background
– Real time position mapping of other Amateur Radio stations around the world with PHG circle plots, track lines and “Dead Reckoning”
– Supports SmartBeaconing
– Callsign SSID support
– Ability to change APRS icon
– Imperial, metric and nautical units supported
– High and low battery drain modes for background GPS/positioning
– Background beacon using minimal data
– Focus on APRS tactical data, no messaging
– View weather (WX) station data (graphs coming soon)
– Beacon prediction
– Packet statistics (packets sent, average time between packets, etc)
– Maximize map viewable area by briefly touching the map to hide/reveal navigation
– iOS8 Support
App requires location services enabled when choosing to share your position with other Amateur Radio operators on APRS-IS with SmartBeacon turned on or to keep map centered on current position.
Posted positions can also be viewed at other APRS websites such as openaprs.net, aprs.fi, findu.com and APRSWorld.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Connecting to APRS-IS while using cellular data may cause overages, we are not responsible for data overages.